Sunday, October 17, 2010

Freikorps von Pfaffenhofen

It looks likes I'll be commencing the saga of Nassau-Ringgwurm with the Wars of Liberation in 1813! 

I've been focused on my WW2 and Napoleonic armies for the last while.  Recently we have been getting into Napoleonics in particular, and enjoying what the period has to offer using the Black Powder rules by Warlord Games. 

I have been building up forces for the French and Russians, and have also just started on my Prussian army by ordering a couple of boxes of Warlord's new plastic Prussian Landwehr.     

Additionally, today I ordered a battalion of Lutzow's Freikorps from Calpe.  These are in metal, and will be the basis of the Freikorps von Pfaffenhofen, the flag for which you can see at the top of the page. 

As you can see, I've already designed the flag- based on the traditional Nassau-Ringgwurm colours- to go with the unit.  They will be in Litewka tunics in black or midnight blue with orange facings. Should be pretty!    

The idea is for them to go a-raiding with my Russians, until they are joined by the regular infantry regiment, which will defect from the hateful bonds of the Confederation of the Rhine and join their rightful ruler in the campaign against the Corsican Tyrant.  


No comments:

Post a Comment